31 May 2017

End of Year Genius Hour

For the week of May 15th, the staff here at the elementary school experimented with setting up some personalized learning work in their classrooms. Since I only have a class two or three times a week, I thought I would give the students in STEM a little longer time to work.

There were six or seven days (depending on the rotation) of STEM class left, and I wanted the students to try different things, to learn something new, or explore something that we didn't spend a lot of time on previously.

I had a "Big Giant List of Options" on the white board in our room for the students to "Choose their Own Adventure," and am I glad to report that there were some great creations, learning, and fun had in the last few weeks of class. (This list had another 2 columns by the time the first two days were done!)


Lots of students picked the "Build with Cardboard" option; so much so, that I ran out of old projects!
Here's a sample of some of the activity that happened in our room over the last few weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment